Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Meerkats are Amazing but very hard to draw.

I'm very easily distracted by animals, ohh look a Meerkat.
This is my lap, so its pretty easy to understand why my favourite animals at the moment are Meerkats. I was at Melbourne Zoo on Monday ready to do the meerkat encounter. Usually there is a pretty long waiting list to get a reservation because only four people can do it each day, but because I went alone they were able to fit me in with a group of three. Fortunately for me the other group canceled ( something about having a baby today...priorities, you're doing it wrong)so I had the most amazing solo encounter. I was allowed 25 minutes with five of the cutest animals climbing all over my lap. Supervised of course but the thought still crossed my mind to tuck one into my jacket.They make you sit on your hands so you aren't tempted to touch them, in my case I can understand why they did this.

The main female claimed my lap pretty early on and wouldn't get off, she was making little growlie noises when the others tried to join her, I like to think we had a connection, the keeper said something about food and warmth, I'm sure it was unrelated to my Meerkat though, I wasn't paying full attention to the keeper I was a bit distracted with forming a life long bond with a Meerkat called Chardonnay.



Meerkats have really dark skin on their tummy's so when the sun is out they will stand with their belly to the sun as a way to warm up...I am researching meerkats literally as I write this for my own benefits and naturally images of Timon come up, my world just changed a little bit as I realised...The Lion King lied to me. I know that I am an adult and this shouldn't bother me but I am genuinely sad that The Lion King lied. It depicted Timon with a really lite coloured stomach. Like I know that the dark skin is under the fur but you can still see it. See I can draw a Meerkat with a dark stomach, I use the word draw very loosely here cause Meerkats are very hard to draw, much harder than I was expecting. What I should of said was I can colour in a Meerkat so that it has a dark stomach.
 Here is another drawing and a picture from my poster so you know which animal I actually meant with all the rambling this week.







 << Haha Mare-cat. Cross between a carebear and a nightmare...A Nightmarecat.






#Animaloftheweek

No comments:

Post a Comment